Certificate in Healthcare Administration
The graduate certificate in healthcare administration is designed to offer the core M.H.A. degree content to healthcare managers and other healthcare professionals. The graduate certificate in HA is taught in a learning environment where students with management and professional experience can supplement their existing practical knowledge with new theoretical knowledge of healthcare organizations, healthcare organizational behavior, healthcare law, and related healthcare administration topics.
The items listed below are required for admission consideration for applicable semesters of entry during the 2017-2018 academic year. Submission instructions, additional details, and changes to admission requirements for semesters other than the 2017-2018 academic year can be found on the program’s web page. International students should review the International Admission Documents section of the catalog for additional requirements.
- completed online ApplyTexas application
- $10 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international evaluation fee (if applicable)
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts required from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.5 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed graduate course work (if applicable)
- GRE scores not required
- two years experience as a manager or professional
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.