Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care (B.S.R.C.) Major in Respiratory Care (R.R.T. to B.S.R.C. Online Completion Program)
Minimum required: 121 semester credit hours
- The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care (B.S.R.C.) degree with a major in Respiratory Care requires admission to the university and admission to the program. For more information visit: http://www.health.txstate.edu/rc/
- Application for admission to the R.R.T. to B.S.R.C. online completion program must be made to the Department of Respiratory Care in addition to regular university admission procedures. Students will be admitted each fall, spring, and summer semester.
- Students must obtain the R.R.T. credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care prior to enrolling into their final semester in the program.
- All applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.50 to apply.
- Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited.
- Students who earned the R.R.T. credential and who have graduated from a regionally accredited community college will be awarded 35 semester credit hours toward the B.S.R.C. completion.
- Any student who did not complete at least two years of the same foreign language in high school is required to take 6-8 hours of the same foreign language.
- All courses must be taken in sequence and completed with a grade of "C" or better in order to progress to the next semester in the curriculum.
- Completion of 11 hours of support coursework is required prior graduation:
- Completion of 42 hours of general education core curriculum, including the following major-specific core courses, is required prior to graduation:
- PSY 1300 or SOCI 1310 for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Component Code 080
- MATH 1315, MATH 1319, MATH 1329, MATH 2417, or MATH 2471 for the Mathematics Component Code 020
- CHEM 1341 for the Life and Physical Sciences Component Code 030
- PHYS 1310, PHYS 1315, PHYS 1320, or PHYS 1325 for the Life and Physical Sciences Component Code 030
|Fall Semester||Hours||Spring Semester||Hours||Summer||Hours|
|RC 3332||3||RC 4216||2||RC 4333||3|
|RC 4309||3||RC 4311||3||RC 4334||3|
|RC 4314||3||RC 4324||3||RC 4221||2|
|RC 4317||3||RC 4224||2|
|Total Hours: 32|