Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care (B.S.R.C.) Major in Respiratory Care (RRT-to-BSRC Online Completion Program)
Minimum required: 120 semester credit hours
- The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care (B.S.R.C.) degree with a major in Respiratory Care requires admission to the university and admission to the program. For more information visit: http://www.health.txstate.edu/rc/
- Application for admission to the RRT-to-BSRC online completion program must be made to the Respiratory Care department in addition to regular university admission procedures. Students will be admitted each fall, spring, and summer semester.
- Students must hold the RRT credential from a CoARC accredited community college with regional accreditation.
- All applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.50 to apply.
- Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited.
- Completion of 42 hours of general education core curriculum requirements, including the following major-specific core requirements:
- Completion of 11 hours of support coursework:
- Students who earned the RRT credential at a CoARC and and regionally accredited community college will be awarded 35 semester credit hours toward the BSRC completion.
- Any student who did not complete at least two years of the same foreign language in high school is required to take 6-8 hours of the same foreign language.
- All courses must be taken in sequence and completed with a grade of "C" or better in order to progress to the next semester in the curriculum.
|Fall Semester||Hours||Spring Semester||Hours||Summer||Hours|
|RC 4314||3||RC 3232||2||RC 4224||2|
|RC 4317||3||RC 4311||3||RC 4333||3|
|RC 4309||3||RC 4211||2||RC 4334||3|
|RC 4321||3||RC 4216||2|
|Total Hours: 32|