Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) Major in Nursing (RN to BSN Online Completion Program)
Minimum required: 120 semester credit hours
- Application for admission to the registered nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing online completion program (RN to BSN) must be made to the School of Nursing in addition to the university admission procedures. Students will be admitted each fall. Admission to the RN to BSN online completion program requires admission to the university and admission to the program. For more information visit: http://www.nursing.txstate.edu/
- Students must hold unencumbered registered nurse license in a state or region that is approved through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
- All applicants must have a nursing school GPA of 2.5 and an overall GPA of 2.5 to apply.
- Completion of 42 hours of general education core curriculum requirements. including the following major-specific core requirements or field of study complete:
- Completion of 18 hours of support coursework or field of study complete:
- Students who earned an Associate in Applied Science Nursing degree (ADN) from a regionally accredited community college will be awarded 30 semester credit hours toward the BSN online completion.
- Any student who did not complete at least two years of the same foreign language in high school is required to take 6-8 hours of the same foreign language.
- Students have three years to complete the degree requirements.
For transfer students, 34 semester credit hours may be transferred from a Texas public institution of higher education for the Nursing Field of Study and be applied to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with a major in Nursing at Texas State University. More information about the Field of Study is available in the Academic Policies section of this catalog. The transferable Texas Common Course Number (TCCN) is listed below the Texas State University course number in the following course list.
Course List Code Title Hours BIO 2440 Principles of Microbiology 4 TCCN: BIOL 2421 or 2420 CHEM 1341 General Chemistry I 3 TCCN: Any 4 SCH course including lab (CHEM 1341 + 1 hour ELNA) NUTR 2360 Nutrition Science 3 TCCN: BIOL 1322/HECO 1322 BIO 2451 Human Anatomy and Physiology I 4 TCCN: BIOL 2401 BIO 2452 Human Anatomy and Physiology II 4 TCCN: BIOL 2402 PSY 1300 Introduction to Psychology 3 TCCN: PSYC 2301 PSY 3300 Lifespan Development 3 TCCN: PSYC 2314 MATH 2328 Elementary Statistics 3 TCCN: MATH 1342 ENG 1310 College Writing I 3 TCCN: ENGL 1301 ENG 1320 College Writing II 3 TCCN: ENGL 1302 or ENGL 2311 Total hours 34
- All upper division courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better to progress. Students must complete prerequisite courses prior to enrolling in upper division nursing courses.
|Fall Semester||Hours||Spring Semester||Hours|
|NURS 4302||3||NURS 4380||3|
|NURS 3430||4||NURS 4280||2|
|NURS 3110||1||NURS 3230||2|
|NURS 3250||2||NURS 4303||3|
|NURS 3302||3||NURS 4351||3|
|NURS 4204||2||NURS 4205||2|
|Total Hours: 30|