Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) Major in Nursing (RN to BSN Degree Completion Program)
Minimum required: 120 semester credit hours
- Application for admission to the registered nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion program (RN to BSN) must be made to the School of Nursing in addition to the university admission procedures. Students will be admitted each fall.
- Students must hold unencumbered registered nurse license in a state or region that is approved through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
- All applicants must have a nursing school GPA of 2.5 and an overall GPA of 2.5 to apply.
- Completion of 42 hours of general education core curriculum requirements. including the following major-specific core requirements or field of study complete:
- Completion of 18 hours of support coursework or field of study complete:
- Students who earned an Associate in Applied Science Nursing degree (ADN) from a regionally accredited community college will be awarded 30 semester credit hours toward the BSN degree completion.
- Any student who did not complete at least two years of the same foreign language in high school is required to take 6-8 hours of the same foreign language.
- Admission to the RN to BSN degree completion program requires admission to the university and admission to the program. For more information visit: http://www.nursing.txstate.edu/
- All upper division courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better to progress. Students must complete prerequisite courses prior to enrolling in upper division nursing courses.
- Students have three years to complete the degree requirements.
|Fall Semester||Hours||Spring Semester||Hours|
|NURS 4302||3||NURS 4380||3|
|NURS 3430||4||NURS 4280||2|
|NURS 3110||1||NURS 3230||2|
|NURS 3250||2||NURS 4303||3|
|NURS 3302||3||NURS 4351||3|
|NURS 4204||2||NURS 4205||2|
|Total Hours: 30|