Readmission of Returning Texas State Students

Any Texas State student who does not enroll in the university for one long semester (spring or fall semester) but wishes to return is considered a returning student. Whether the student leaves on academic or disciplinary suspension or of their own accord, they must follow these procedures for readmission:

  1. Apply as a Readmit student.
  2. Submit application fee of $40 (check, money order, American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover).  Fee waivers based on need are available.
  3. Submit official transcripts from every institution attended since last enrolled at Texas State.
  4. Attest that no suspensions, withdrawals, or dismissals affect their eligibility to return to all previously attended institutions.

NOTE: Returning students who have taken transferable hours since last enrolled must be eligible to return to all previous institutions and have a minimum GPA of 2.25 in that work.  

A student who has left Texas State due to academic suspension will return on probationary status after complying with the suspension requirements and meeting the readmission criteria outlined above. (See the policy stated in “Readmission Following Suspension” in the Academic Policies of this catalog.) Some Texas State returning students may be eligible to take advantage of our Academic Bankruptcy or Academic Fresh Start programs. See Academic Forgiveness Programs for more information.

A student who is member of the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard who withdrew from school as a result of being called to active duty is eligible to re-enroll without paying a reapplication fee if the student returns to Texas State within a year of being released from active duty. These students will need to complete the Returning Military Information Form and email to have their status reactivated. In addition, the student will need to submit the following documents to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:

  • DD214
  • Joint Services Transcript (JST)
  • Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) (if applicable)