Transfer Students with Fewer than 1-15 Hours
Students with 1-15 transferable credit hours at the time of application will be evaluated based on a combination of high school and college work. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Submit the ApplyTexas Transfer Student application, Parts I and II, along with one essay, an official high school transcript, and a resume of activities by the appropriate Admission Priority Date.
- Send your ACT or SAT scores to Texas State. Our ACT code number is 4178 and SAT I code number is 6667. Texas State accepts the highest composite score from a single test date.
- Submit an official college transcript from each post-secondary institution attended. Students must be eligible to return (e.g., free of suspension, dismissal or enforced withdrawal) to all previous institutions attended regardless of grade point average (GPA) or degree received.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75 (check, money order, American Express, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover) or apply for a fee waiver.
- Present a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in all transferable course work.
Transfer Students with 16 Hours or More
Students with 16-29 tranferrable credit hours must meet at 2.5 grade point average (GPA) minimum and students with 30 or more transferrable credit hours must meet a 2.25 grade point average (GPA) minimum on all transferable credit. Transfer applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Submit Part I of the ApplyTexas application for either Transfer, Readmit, or Transient students by the appropriate Admission Priority Date.
- Submit an official college transcript from each post-secondary institution attended. Students must be eligible to return (e.g., free of suspension, dismissal or enforced withdrawal) to all previous institutions attended regardless of grade point average or degree received.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75 (check, money order, American Express, VISA, MasterCard or Discover) or apply for a fee waiver. Information on approved fee waiver documentation can be found on Fee Waiver web page.
- Present a cumulative GPA in all transferable work of at least 2.50 with 16-29 hours or 2.25 with 30+ hours (unless applying to the McCoy College of Business Administration).
In calculating the GPA, grades of A, B, C, D, and F are counted. Non-punitive grades such as W or WP are posted but not calculated. Grades of WF or I are averaged as F. If a course has been repeated, every grade except the first will be calculated. Grades in non-transferable and technical/VocEd courses are disregarded. See the Academic Policies section for more on repeated grades and courses. To see what course credits will transfer, visit our Transfer Course Equivalency System.
Entering students are required to demonstrate competency in a foreign language and computer Science. This can be demonstrated by means of:
- Two years of the same foreign language in high school or two semesters of the same foreign language in college. (Some degree programs may have additional requirements for graduation.)
- One year of computer course work in high school or one semester in college
- A placement exam
Falsification of Documents
Students found to have deliberately falsified application information either by failing to submit accurate information, altering their application or misrepresenting their academic work, will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including denial of admission, withdrawal of an admission offer, or registration cancellation.