Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Major in Communication Studies (Teacher Certification in Speech, Grades 7-12)
Minimum required: 120 semester hours
- General education core curriculum options should be discussed with your academic advisor. Requirements and choices are listed in the Academic Services section.
- In addition to the core curriculum requirements, the Bachelor of Arts degree requires three additional hours of English literature, three hours of math/science/logic/computer science courses, and six hours of 2000-level modern language courses.
- Any student admitted to Texas State may declare and be admitted under the temporary pre-program status. With this status, students may enroll in the following communication courses, COMM 1310, COMM 2315, COMM 2330, and COMM 2338. Once a student has accumulated at least 45 hours and has an Overall GPA of at least 2.50, the student may then declare a major in Communication Studies. Only students admitted to the major will be able to register for additional upper level courses.
- An Overall GPA of 2.75 is required for graduation with teacher certification.
- All students pursuing teacher certification must apply and be accepted to the Office of Educator Preparation.
|Mathematics - Select one from:||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||3|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320||3|
|Life and Physical Sciences||6|
|Modern Language 1410||4|
|Modern Language 1420||4|
|Modern Language 2310||3|
|BA Math, Science or Logic||3|
|COMM Advanced Elective||3|
|Modern Language 2320||3|
|Total Hours: 120|