Application Procedures and Fee
Texas State admits first-time freshmen in one of two ways, either Assured Admission or Admission Review. Applicants for freshman admission must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- Complete the State of Texas Foundation (HB5), Foundation with Endorsements (HB5), Distinguished Achievement (HB5), Minimum (HB5), Recommended (UAP) or Distinguished (UAP) high school program (or their equivalents).
NOTE: To be successful at Texas State, students should successfully complete a rigorous curriculum in high school. Texas State recommends that all applicants complete four credits of English, including English I-IV; four credits of math, including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and an additional advanced math; four credits of science, including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and an additional advanced science; four credits of social studies, including one credit of World History, World Geography, U.S. History Since 1877, 1/2 credit of U.S. Government and 1/2 credit of Economics; two credits of a foreign language; one credit of fine arts; and one credit of Physical Education.
- Submit parts I and II of the ApplyTexas Application.
- Submit one of the ApplyTexas application essays (Topic A, B, or C).
- Submit an official high school transcript (which must include class rank or a statement that the school does not rank) or GED certificate.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores including the writing sections.
- Submit an application fee of $75 (check, money order, American Express, Visa or MasterCard). Waivers are available for eligible students.
- Submit an official college transcript from each postsecondary school attended. Students must be eligible to return (e.g., free of suspension, dismissal or enforced withdraw) and have a cumulative 2.0 grade point average in all transferable college work.