Application Procedures and Fee
Applicants for freshman admission must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- Complete the State of Texas Foundation (HB5), Foundation with Endorsements (HB5), Distinguished Achievement (HB5), Minimum (UAP), Recommended (UAP) or Distinguished (UAP) high school program (or their equivalents)
- NOTE: To be successful at Texas State, students should successfully complete a rigorous high school curriculum. Texas State requires that all applicants complete four credits of English, including English I-IV; four credits of math, including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and an additional advanced math; four credits of science, including Biology, Chemistry, and two additional advanced science; three credits of social studies, including World History or World/Human Geography, U.S. History Since 1877, U.S. Government (1/2 credit) and Economics(1/2 credit); two credits of the same foreign language; one credit of fine arts; and one credit of Physical Education.
- Submit an application for admission
- (Optional) Submit one of the application essays.
- Submit a high school transcript or GED certificate.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75 (check, money order, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover). Fee waivers are available for eligible students.
- Submit an official college transcript from each postsecondary school attended. Students must be eligible to return (e.g., free of suspension, dismissal or enforced withdraw) and have a cumulative 2.0 grade point average in all transferable college work.
- ACT/SAT score requirements are available on the freshman admission requirements webpage.