Minor in International Studies
The minor in International Studies requires 21 semester credit hours.
|GEO 1310||World Geography||3|
|GEO 3303||Economic Geography||3|
|POSI 3322||Introduction to International Studies||3|
|Choose 3 hours from the following:||3|
|Issues in World Politics|
|Theories of International Politics|
|Politics of International Economic Relations|
|International Conflict and Security|
|Choose 9 hours of advanced courses 1||9|
The nine hours of advanced electives are to be selected from an approved list that is available in the Center for International Studies. Please contact an advisor for this list. All courses attempted toward the minor must be completed with a minimum grade of “C” or better.
Students wishing to satisfy coursework in the minor through participation in Texas State Affiliated programs through the Study Abroad Office must complete all of the following steps:
- Declare International Studies as a minor before going abroad.
- Attend a General Information Session through the Study Abroad Office.
- Complete the Transfer Credit Agreement Form.
- Complete the Texas State Affiliated Program Application.
- Submit the Transfer Credit Agreement Form to the Center for International Studies (Center) and meet with the Director, Associate Director, or Academic Advisor of the Center to review the completed Transfer Credit Agreement Form. A completed Transfer Credit Agreement form should include prospective courses from the affiliated institution and the Texas State equivalency. All courses evaluated via Transfer Credit Agreement Form must be approved by the Director or Associate Director of the Center. The Center will review courses with the following prefixes (pending evaluation as an Elective Advanced course - ELADV) – ANTH, ECO, FIN, GEO, HIST, IS, MC, MGT, MKT, PA, PHIL, POSI, PS, and SOCI. Additional courses outside of approved prefixes will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Submit the Texas State Affiliated Program Application to the Study Abroad Office with a copy to the Center.
- Apply through your respective Affiliated Provider.
Enrolling in courses not indicated on Transfer Credit Agreement may result in courses not being counted towards degree program. Such courses may be ineligible for financial aid. Any new course selection will require an updated Transfer Credit Agreement form that must be reviewed and approved by the Center.