Center for International Studies
Derrick Hall Room 101
T: 512.245.2339 F: 512.245.7857
The Center for International Studies is devoted to understanding and appreciating the rich cultural, political, and social differences of the world. Our mission is to provide quality interdisciplinary education about international affairs in order that graduates will be equipped for careers in the public and private sectors and for further professional education. Students will be prepared with the necessary research and writing skills to pursue careers in law, diplomacy, international affairs, and graduate level education in the International Studies Program at Texas State.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of an interdisciplinary perspective, global issues, global processes, global trends, global systems, and foreign policy constants.
- Students will demonstrate oral and written communication skills in international studies with a focus on international business, foreign policy, or travel and tourism.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze an international relations problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct research on international relations problems quickly and intelligibly.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of their culture in a global and comparative context.