Department of World Languages and Literatures
Centennial Hall Room 214
Telephone: 512-245-2360 Fax: 512-245-8298
The M.A. in Spanish in the Department of World Languages and Literatures helps equip our graduate students with knowledge and skills required for such diverse fields as international business, international law, foreign affairs, translation, interpretation, politics, publishing, journalism, broadcasting, and teaching. The M.A. also prepares students to enter Ph.D. programs (in Spanish and other disciplines), leading to careers in higher education research, instruction, administration, and other high-level professional fields. Recent placements of our M.A. graduates in doctoral programs include the University of Miami, the University of Texas at Austin, Northeastern University, and the University of Houston.
The faculty of the Department of World Languages and Literatures publish internationally and are recognized for their expertise in literature, linguistics, cultural studies, and film. The department also publishes Letras Hispanas: Revista de Literatura y Cultura, a peer-reviewed, open-access online journal of scholarly essays that engage topics in connection with Spanish, Latin American, and U.S. Latino literature and cultures.
Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Major in Spanish (33-hour Non-thesis Option)
- Major in Spanish (33-hour Non-thesis Internship Option)
- Major in Spanish (33-hour Thesis Option)
- Major in Spanish (36-hour Non-thesis Internship Option)
- Major in Spanish (36-hour Non-thesis Minor and additional Spanish hours Option)
- Major in Spanish (36-hour Thesis Option)