Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Major in Journalism and Mass Communication
Minimum required: 120 semester hours
- Any student admitted to Texas State may declare and be admitted to the program under a temporary status called pre-mass communication. Once a student has accumulated at least thirty credit hours and meets the requirements outlined below, the student will be admitted to the school in full-major status. Students who fail to meet these requirements will not be admitted to the major.
- An overall GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- A grade of a “C” or higher in the following courses or their equivalents:
Note: Or a score of 70 or higher on the school's Punctuation, Usage and Grammar (PUG) test. The PUG is given by the Texas State Testing, Research-Support and Evaluation Center on the main campus. The PUG is administered weekly; call 512.245.2276 for testing times. There is a fee of $40 per test. Students enrolled at the Round Rock Campus should call the One Stop Center at (512) 716-4000 for testing information.
- This degree program requires admission to the university and admission to the program. Information about the program admissions can be found at: http://mycatalog.txstate.edu/undergraduate/fine-arts-communication/journalism-mass/#admissionstext
- General education core curriculum options should be discussed with an academic advisor. Requirements and choices are listed in the Academic Services section.
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||3|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320||3|
|Life and Physical Sciences||6|
|Computer Science, Life and Physical Sciences, or Mathematics1||3|
|MC 3390 or 4315||3|
|MC Advanced Elective||3|
|MC Advanced Elective||6|
|Select one of the following:||1|
|Total Hours: 120|
Any mathematics course in the general education core curriculum may be chosen to complete the Mathematics Component, except MATH 1316.