Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) Major in Musical Theatre
Minimum required: 123 semester credit hours
- The Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree with a major in Musical Theatre requires admission to the university and admission to the program. For more information visit: http://www.theatreanddance.txstate.edu/Undergraduate-Degrees/BFA-Musical-Theatre.html
- Admission to the Musical Theatre program is highly competitive and based on an audition/interview with members of the B.F.A. Musical Theatre Program faculty. Prospective students generally audition during their senior year of high school. Interested transfer students must contact the Head of Musical Theatre to see if there are any available slots in their class level; typically, students transferring into the program require four years at Texas State to complete their degree.
- The general education core curriculum courses are listed in the degree plan below along with the statewide component code number. See the General Education Core Curriculum section of this catalog for the Texas State requirements and options in the core curriculum, including Honors courses. It is recommended that some of the general education core curriculum courses be taken over one or more summer sessions.
- Students choose their career path in consultation with the Head of the Musical Theatre program.
- A minimum of 36 advanced hours are required.
- All Theatre majors are encouraged to participate in theatre production activities each semester.
- Students in the program are always on probation, with their work and progress continually evaluated
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.8.
|TH 1160 or 2161||1|
|TH 1180 or 2181||1|
|TH 2161 or 3162||1|
|TH 2181 or 3182||1|
|ENG 1310 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|ENG 1320 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|TH 3172, 3162, or 3182||1|
|TH 3120 (twice)|
|POSI 2310 (Government/Political Science Component Code 070)||3|
|POSI 2320 (Government/Political Science Component Code 070)||3|
|COMM 1310 (Component Area Option Code 090/091)||3|
|ART 2313, DAN 2313, MU 2313, or TH 2313 (Creative Arts Component Code 050)||3|
|Mathematics Component Code 020||3|
|HIST 1310 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|HIST 1320 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences Component Code 080||3|
|TH 3120 (twice)|
|DAN 3162 or 3182||1|
|TH 4120 (twice)|
|Life & Physical Sciences Component Code 030||6|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320 (Language, Philosophy & Culture Component Code 040)||3|
|ENG Literature (Component Area Option Code 090/094)||3|
|Total Hours: 123|