Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) Major in Theatre (Technical Production Concentration)
Minimum required: 120 semester hours
- The Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree with a major in Theatre with a concentration in Technical Production requires admission to the university and admission to the program. For more information visit: http://www.theatreanddance.txstate.edu/Undergraduate-Degrees/BFA-Theatre--Technical-Production.html
- Admission to the B.F.A. with a major in Theatre with a concentration in Technical Production is based on successful completion (with a grade of C or better) in TH 1350 and in TH 2330. Upon successful completion of these two courses, the student will be allowed to enroll in TH 3390 and, in some cases, may be concurrently enrolled in TH 2330 and TH 3390. Students in the program will be evaluated after each semester by Technical Production faculty and staff to assess progress and determine continuation in the program. Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- The general education core curriculum courses are listed in the degree plan below along with the statewide component code number. See the General Education Core Curriculum section of this catalog for the Texas State requirements and options in the core curriculum, including Honors courses.
- All Theatre majors are encouraged to participate in theatre production activities each semester.
- Majors must complete a minimum of 60 hours in Theatre courses, of which 36 are required.
- A grade of "C" or better is required in all Theatre courses.
- Majors in this emphasis are encouraged to complete a non-course based internship during the summers after their Sophomore and Junior years.
|ENG 1310 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|ENG 1320 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|POSI 2310 (Government/Political Science Component Code 070)||3|
|POSI 2320 (Government/Political Science Component Code 070)||3|
|COMM 1310 (Component Area Option Code 090/091)||3|
|Mathematics Component Code 020||3|
|ART 2313, DAN 2313, MU 2313, or TH 2313 (Creative Arts Component Code 050)||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|ENG Literature (Component Area Option Code 090/094)||3|
|HIST 1310 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|HIST 1320 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences Component Code 080||3|
|TH Advanced Technical Production Electives1||18|
|Life & Physical Sciences Component Code 030||6|
|TH 4393 (taken twice)||6|
|TH Advanced Technical Production Electives1||9|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320 (Language, Philosophy & Culture Component Code 040)||3|
|Total Hours: 120|
Non-specified advanced TH classes are chosen in consultation with academic advisor.