Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) Major in Theatre (Teacher Certification in Theatre, Grades EC-12)
Minimum required: 125 semester hours
- Teacher certification majors in theatre and dance must maintain a GPA of 2.75. Students who fail to do so will be advised into another program. All students pursuing teacher certification must apply and be accepted to the Office of Educator Preparation.
- This degree program requires admission to the university and admission to the program. Information about the program admissions can be found at: http://mycatalog.txstate.edu/undergraduate/fine-arts-communication/theatre/#admissionstext
- All students pursuing teacher certification must apply and be accepted to the Office of Educator Preparation.
- An all-level (EC-12) teacher certification in the theatre program consists of a minimum of 41 semester hours, with at least 24 hours advanced.
- All theatre majors are encouraged to participate in theatre production activities each semester.
- General education core curriculum requirements must be met.
- Teacher Certification majors must maintain an overall GPA of 2.75, a major GPA of 2.75, and a GPA of 2.75 in all required education courses.
|Mathematics select one of the following:||3|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||3|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Life and Physical Sciences||6|
|Total Hours: 125|