Non-Degree-Seeking Applicants

Applicants must hold the equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.  

If an applicant wishes to take courses but does not want to earn a graduate degree, he or she may enroll as a non-degree-seeking student. For example, an applicant may wish to take courses solely for personal enrichment or to fulfill background requirements. To enroll as a non-degree-seeking student, an applicant must:

  1. Submit an admission application and the non-refundable fee to The Graduate College at:
  2. Submit an official transcript that shows the highest degree earned.
  3. Complete and sign the non-degree seeking student form that is available in The Graduate College or The Graduate College website: The applicant will also need to obtain departmental approval when applicable. This form must be completed prior to enrollment each term.

International Non-Degree-Seeking Applicants

An international applicant is defined as an applicant who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. In addition to meeting the above requirements, international students seeking entry under the non-degree-seeking student admission category must:

  1. Pay a $50 non-refundable international/evaluation fee. (The application fee for international students is $10 plus the $50 evaluation fee for a total application fee of $60.)
  2. Submit two official transcripts indicating that a four-year baccalaureate degree equivalent was awarded: one set in the native language and the other set translated into English.  
  3. Submit a copy of the diploma or certificate awarded, showing the type of degree earned, the institution awarding the degree, and the date the degree was earned.
  4. Submit official English proficiency exams scores. Refer to the “International Admission Documents” section of this catalog for more information regarding accepted exam types, minimum score requirements, and waiver criteria.
  5. Submit the non-degree graduate study approval form located on our web site:

A student under an F-1 student visa must be enrolled full-time (9 hours) in the fall and spring terms. An F-1 student does not have to enroll during the summer if the student is eligible and intends to register for the next term. A new initial F-1 student who recently gained admission into the U.S. with a program start date set to begin with the summer session must enroll full-time for that summer session.