Visiting Student Applicants
If a student is currently pursuing a graduate degree at another institution, the student may enroll in graduate courses at Texas State with the permission of the dean of The Graduate College and the graduate advisor. Courses taken at Texas State under the Visiting Student status may not be counted toward a graduate degree at Texas State should the student later decide to enter a degree program.
A visiting student must:
- Submit an admission application and non-refundable fee to The Graduate College at https://www.applytexas.org.
- Complete a Visiting Student form.
- Obtain approval from the institution granting the degree giving the student permission to transfer the course(s).
- Obtain approval from the department(s) at Texas State offering the course(s) on the Visiting Student form.
- Return the Visiting Student form signed and completed with all signatures for the Texas State graduate dean’s approval to The Graduate College two weeks prior to registration. This form must be completed prior to enrollment each term.
International Visiting Student Admission
An international applicant is defined as an applicant who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. In addition to the requirements above, international students seeking entry under the visiting student admission category must:
- Submit a letter from their primary university advisor stating that they are maintaining their immigration status. This letter is to be submitted to the Texas State's International Office.
- Official English proficiency exams scores are required prior to admission consideration. Refer to the “International Admission Documents” section of this catalog for more information regarding accepted exam types, minimum score requirements, and waiver criteria.
- Pay a $50 non-refundable international/evaluation fee. (The application fee for international students is $10 plus the $50 evaluation fee for a total application fee of $60.)