Certificate in Professional Ethics
The graduate certificate in Professional Ethics will help students engage more fully with ethical issues in their professional life. This 6-hour certificate program will enhance students' abilities to analyze arguments, capacities to reason and express themself clearly, leadership skills, and awareness of the ethical dimensions of work and public life. The certificate is available online or face-to-face and is open to all interested persons who hold a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 minimum GPA.
The items listed below are required for admission consideration for applicable semesters of entry during the current academic year. Submission instructions, additional details, and changes to admission requirements for semesters other than the current academic year can be found on The Graduate College's website. International students should review the International Admission Documents webpage for additional requirements.
- completed online ApplyTexas application
- $10 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international evaluation fee (if applicable)
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts required from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.5 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
- minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed graduate course work (if applicable)
- GRE scores not required
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
If you do not meet the scores above, you may qualify for English-based conditional admission if you meet the minimum scores below:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 59 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 5.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 5.5
The graduate certificate in Professional Ethics requires 6 semester credit hours – three hours of required course work and three hours of elective course work. The required course is PHIL 5322. The elective course may be selected from any of the graduate courses in philosophy.