Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences (B.S.F.C.S.) Major in Consumer Affairs (Personal Financial Management Concentration)
Minimum required: 120 semester credit hours
The general education core curriculum courses are listed in the degree plan below along with the statewide component code number. See the General Education Core Curriculum section of this catalog for the Texas State requirements and options in the core curriculum, including Honors courses.
- In addition to general education core curriculum and degree requirements, this major requires specialized courses in consumer education, family and personal resource management, family finance, consumer law, family financial counseling and family policy.
- Students participate in an internship in a related area.
- Students must complete a minimum of 36 advanced hours (3000 or 4000 level courses).
- Nine semester credit hours must be writing intensive (WI).
- Students must select a minor from the approved list of Undergraduate Minors.
If two years of the same modern language are taken in high school, then no additional language hours will be required for the degree. In the absence of modern language taken in high school, then two semesters of the same modern language (1410 and 1420) must be taken at the college level, and the requirement will be added to the student's degree audit.
|COMM 1310 (Component Area Option Code 090/091)||3|
|ENG 1310 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|ENG 1320 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|HIST 1310 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|Mathematics Component Code 020||3|
|POSI 2310 (Government/Political Science Component Code 070)||3|
|ENG Literature (Component Area Option Code 090/094)||3|
|HIST 1320 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|Life & Physical Sciences Component Code 030||6|
|POSI 2320 (Government/Political Science Component Code 070)||3|
|ART 2313, DAN 2313, MU 2313, or TH 2313 (Creative Arts Component Code 050)||3|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Electives (3 hours should be advanced)||8|
|Minor (6 hours should be advanced)||12|
|COMM 4327, 3358, or MC 4381||3|
|HDFS 1355 or 4358||3|
|Advanced CA, FM, HDFS, ID or NUTR Elective||3|
|Total Hours: 120|