Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences (B.S.F.C.S.) Major in Consumer Affairs (Teacher Certification in Family and Consumer Sciences, Grades 6-12)
Minimum required: 120 semester hours
- In addition to general education core curriculum and departmental core requirements, the Consumer Affairs major pursuing Teacher Certification in Family and Consumer Sciences is required to take from 6 to 12 semester hours in each of the following areas: nutrition and foods, family and child development, fashion merchandising, interior design, consumer science, and occupational family and consumer sciences.
- Students must demonstrate competency in basic clothing construction techniques.
- Students participate in student teaching for pre-professional experience.
- No minor is required.
- If two years of the same foreign language were taken in high school, then no additional language hours will be required for the degree. In the absence of such high school language, two semesters of the same modern language must be taken at the college level.
- All students pursuing teacher certification must apply and be accepted to the Office of Educator Preparation.
|MATH 1315 or 1319||3|
|FM 2335 or 2334||3|
|Life and Physical Sciences||6|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320||3|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||3|
|FCD 3394 or CI 3325||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Total Hours: 120|