Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences (B.S.F.C.S.) Major in Nutrition and Foods
Minimum required: 120 semester hours
- In addition to general education core requirements, majors take courses in biology, and specialized courses in food systems, food science, nutritional assessment, physiology and nutrition, wellness and fitness, life span nutrition, and food service management. Course options include medical nutrition therapy, advanced food science, and nutrition and genetics.
- Majors must maintain a Texas State and major GPA of 2.50 or higher in order to graduate.
- Majors participate in an externship.
- A minor is required, and those in biology, business administration, and chemistry are recommended.
- If two years of the same foreign language were taken in high school, then no additional language hours will be required for the degree. In the absence of such high school language, two semesters of the same modern language must be taken at the college level.
& BIO 1130
& CHEM 1141
& CHEM 1142
|MATH 1315 or 1319||3|
|PSY 1300 or SOCI 1310||3|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|FCS 4347 or NUTR 4366||3|
|Select 9 hours from the following:||9|
|Total Hours: 120|