Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences (B.S.F.C.S.) Major in Fashion Merchandising
Minimum required: 120 semester hours
- A Minor in Business Administration is required for this degree. Courses for the minor in Business Administration are included in the following degree plan.
- Majors are required to take specialized courses in Fashion Merchandising including culture and consumer behavior, textiles, textile product analysis, fashion buying principles, fashion merchandising, fashion history, fashion merchandising administration, fashion economics, and fashion promotional strategies.
- Majors participate in an internship in a related area.
- If two years of the same foreign language were taken in high school, then no additional language hours will be required for the degree. In the absence of such high school language, two semesters of the same modern language must be taken at the college level.
- Majors must pass all required Fashion Merchandising courses with a “C” or higher.
|MATH 1315 or 1319||3|
|Life and Physical Sciences||6|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320||3|
|FM 3335 or 3336||3|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||3|
|MC 3343 or 3367||3|
|Select four of the following (Business Minor):||12|
|Total Hours: 120|