Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences (B.S.F.C.S.) Major in Consumer Affairs (Family and Consumer Sciences Concentration)
Minimum required: 120 semester credit hours
The general education core curriculum courses are listed in the degree plan below along with the statewide component code number. See the General Education Core Curriculum section of this catalog for the Texas State requirements and options in the core curriculum, including Honors courses.
- In addition to general education core curriculum and degree requirements, this major is required to take courses in all areas of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Majors participate in an internship in a related area.
- At least three hours of the electives must be advanced.
- Majors must complete a minimum of 36 advanced hours (3000 or 4000 level courses).
- Nine semester credit hours must be writing intensive (WI).
- Majors must select a minor from the approved list of Undergraduate Minors.
If two years of the same modern language are taken in high school, then no additional language hours will be required for the degree. In the absence of modern language taken in high school, then two semesters of the same modern language (1410 and 1420) must be taken at the college level, and the requirement will be added to the student's degree audit.
|FM 1332 or 2335||3|
|ENG 1310 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|ENG 1320 (Communication Component Code 010)||3|
|HIST 1310 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|Mathematics Component Code 020||3|
|NUTR 2360 or 3362||3|
|ENG Literature (Component Area Option Code 090/094)||3|
|HIST 1320 (American History Component Code 060)||3|
|PHIL 1305 or 1320 (Language, Philosophy & Culture Component Code 040)||3|
|Life & Physical Sciences Component Code 030||6|
|FCD 1355 or 4351||3|
|ART 2313, DAN 2313, MU 2313, or TH 2313 (Creative Arts Component Code 050)||3|
|COMM 1310 (Component Area Option Code 090/091)||3|
|COMM 3318S, 3358, or MC 4381||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Total Hours: 120|
MATH 1316 is not accepted as a prerequisite for courses in some minors.