Certificate in Long-Term Care Administration
The graduate certificate in long-term care administration is designed to offer the course work necessary to sit for the Texas licensing exam for nursing facility administrators. The School of Health Administrators also offers an optional field placement. Note: all questions regarding licensure and state exam requirements should be directed to the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) at 512.438.2015.
The items listed below are required for admission consideration for applicable semesters of entry during the 2017-2018 academic year. Submission instructions, additional details, and changes to admission requirements for semesters other than the 2017-2018 academic year can be found on the program’s web page. International students should review the International Admission Documents section of the catalog for additional requirements.
- completed online ApplyTexas application
- $10 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international evaluation fee (if applicable)
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts required from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.5 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed graduate course work (if applicable)
- GRE scores not required
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
|LTCA 5322||Environmental Management in Long Term Care||3|
|LTCA 5323||Governance Management in Long Term Care||3|
|LTCA 5324||Personnel Management in Long Term Care||3|
|LTCA 5325||Resident Care Management in Long Term Care||3|
|LTCA 5335||Financial Management in Long Term Care||3|
In addition to the completion of certificate course work, a minimum of 1,000 internship hours are required to become a Texas licensed nursing facility administrator. Enrollment in LTCA 5681 may be required.