Department of Accounting
McCoy Hall Room 431
T: 512.245.2566 F: 512.245.7973
Texas State is one of only 186 business schools worldwide (top 5%) to be accredited in both general business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB Accreditation is known, worldwide, as the longest standing, most recognized form of specialized/professional accreditation an institution and its accounting programs can earn.
The Department of Accounting is a student-centered learning community that prepares a diverse student population for professional success, creates and values research and other intellectual contributions, and provides service to the profession, university and community.
To accomplish our mission, the Department:
- Provides instruction and curricula emphasizing critical thinking, communication skills, and use of technology that prepare students for the chancing accounting environment.
- Promotes strong conceptual foundations, technical skills, and ethical decision making and practices that prepare graduates for professional licensure, professional certification, and for future leadership roles in businesses and organizations.
- Engages in research and intellectual contributions that impact the practice of accounting, enhance the understanding of the accounting discipline, and improve the process of educating future accountants.
- Seeks to attract, develop, reward, and retain a diverse, student-oriented faculty with professional knowledge who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service, and who participate in university governance.
- Strives to build and maintain professional relationships among students, alumni, the accounting profession, and other stakeholders.
Master of Accountancy (M.Acy.)
Brown, Laurie Davenport, Lecturer, Accounting, M. Acy., Texas State University
Butler, Janet B, Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., University of Georgia
Campbell, Linda J, Associate Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., Univ of Texas at San Antonio
Cannon, Nathan Hatch, Assistant Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., Bentley University
Conn, Carolyn Terrell, Clinical Assistant Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., Univ of Arkansas Main Campus
Kebodeaux, Charles Keith, Clinical Assistant Professor, Accounting, L.L.M., University of Houston
Martin, Kasey, Associate Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., Univ of Texas at San Antonio
Pizzini, Wilhelmina Joan, Associate Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
Proschko, Christopher Ray, Lecturer, Accounting, J.D., Baylor University
Puffer, Thomas Moorman, Professor of Practice, Accounting, M.S., Texas A&M Univ-Commerce
Raiborn, Cecily A, Professor - Endowed Chair, Accounting, Ph.D., Louisiana State Univ A&M College
Rutledge, Robert W, Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., Univ of South Carolina Columbia
Young, Glen Michael, Assistant Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., Texas A&M University
Young, Randall Frederick, Assistant Professor, Accounting, Ph.D., University of North Texas